Wrestling is staged fights in which fighters are supposed to show athletic and fighting skills, as well as acting ability. However, wrestling is not a new discovery, it can take your breath away, that’s why betting on wrestling events is so widespread.
Top wrestling fights’ types for betting
Let’s check the most favorable types of fights (matches), which are necessary to know about before betting on wrestling.
- Pin Falls. It’s a standard one, where athletes step into the ring and fight against each other face to face. According to the rules, the winner is the wrestler who can hold the opponent motionless for 3 seconds or force him or her to surrender by painful hold. Any weapon is forbidden.
- Tag Team is a team fight. As a rule, four sportsmen take part two-on-two, sometimes six or more wrestlers and more than two teams may be included.
- Handicap. Such a fight involves a different number of players on each side. For example, the bout can involve two wrestlers against three, three against four and so on (very useful for betting).
- Mixed Gender Tag. It’s obvious – mixed teams of both men and women participate.
- Tag Team Elimination. This is a duel between two wrestling teams, where the losing one leaves the tournament immediately.
Hardcore is a battle, where there are no rules. Here you can use any weapon and a variety of punching techniques even outside the ring. The loser is the wrestler, who surrenders (very useful for betting).
- No Holds Barred. As a rule, there are only two wrestlers in the ring, but no weapons are allowed. Victory can only be conferred by a judge (very useful for betting).
- Pin Falls Count Anywhere. It’s an ordinary battle, but a victory must happen only in the ring.
- Triple Threat. Three wrestlers fight in the ring. The winner is who first holds one of the opponents down on his or her back (very useful for betting).
- Royal Rumble. This wrestling battle is set exclusively in the ring. It begins with two fighters, but every half a minute one more is added, in total 30 athletes should be involved. If the wrestler falls out of the ring, he or she loses. The steadiest is the winner. Of course, the winner. As a rule, the fighters enter the ring by lot.
- Battle Royal. The rules of battle do not differ from Royal Rumble, except for participating 60 wrestlers at once (very useful for betting).
2/3 Falls. The rules of the fight are standard, and the winner is the wrestler who managed to keep the opponent down on his or her back for 2 times.
- Multiple Finisher. To win in this fight, a wrestler needs to finish the bour with the special hold and do it a few times.
- Steel Cage. This duel takes place in a special cage. The participant, who is the first to get out of it, will win. If the cage is closed, the result of the fight is conferred by the referee (very useful for betting) .
- TLC. Ladders, tables and chairs are used in the dour. As a rule, teams take part in such wrestling competitions. The winner is the one who gets the belt, which is located above the ring. To get it you have to climb the stairs.
- Iron Man. The winner is the athlete who has put his opponent down on his or her back more times than the opponent (very useful for betting) .
- Special Guest Referee. The rules are ordinary, but the celebrity plays the role of the referee.
- Submissions. Victory can be obtained only if the opponent has surrendered.
- Something On A Pole. Here in a corner of the ring something is hung. The task is to get the thing (very useful for betting).
- Toughman Contest. This type of match has no script and prepared fighters, it’s too cruel, like a fight to the death.
- Four Corners. Any wrestler, who is the first to touch the pads, located in all corners of the ring, wins this match (very useful for betting).
- Strap. Rules of combat are no different from the previous one, but wrestlers are tied to each other with straps.
- 4 Box. Somewhere near the ring there are four boxes, wrestlers have to find a certain object in them. The one who finds it wins. Of course, they fight for it.
- Blind Fold. The main condition of the battle is that the athletes can’t see each other, because they have blindfolds (very useful for betting) .
- First Blood. The loser is the one who bleeds first. To make this happen, the opponent must take the blade and make a cut on his forehead.
- Death. Victory is awarded to the contestant whose opponent could not get up from the ring for 10 seconds (very useful for betting).
- Barbed Wire Cage. The battle takes place, as a rule, in a cage, which is made of barbed wire. There are often wire cutters inside. The winner is the one who uses the wire cutters to bite the wire and manages to leave the cage.
- Inferno. This duel involves the use of fire. There are torches all around the ring, and to win, you have to set the opponent on fire.
- Balcony. To win a match, you have to throw the opponent off the balcony, where the fight takes place.
- Nightstick. Above the ring there is a stick, if any of the rivals reaches it, the wrestler can use the weapon. Victory is scored after some of them surrends(very useful for betting) .
How can this help in wrestling betting?
While gambling, any bettor has to understand on what to place a stake. The type of the fight affects the result. If the wrestler is good enough for Handicap Match, it doesn’t mean that he or she gives a good showing in Triple Threat match, for example. So pay special attention to the pre-match analysis, at least puzzle out the event type. Don’t be afraid of betting on wrestling, the hobby may be of benefit too.